In general imagery, money is the crux for the development of a business. But according to the experience of experts, the mindset of employees is also an essential factor.
In fact, a company’s employees are ideally its first and best ambassadors, but for those managers who do it badly, they see at their expense that they can also become its worst detractors. But why ? A cover letter cannot certainly explain everything and even less guarantee everything over time. It would therefore be appropriate to instill in your employees the motivation necessary to make them a real fuel for your company.
So how do we do it? Obviously the result of human resources returns, there are no standard methods for effectively motivating employees. Thus, the techniques below are those which have proved their worth the most, taking into account new behaviors particularly among young people on the first hand and technological advances on the other.
The professional dimension: giving sense to the work of your employees
According to human resources experts, motivation is often directly linked to the company’s ability to make sense of the work of the employee.
- Communicate by telling employees why they are there and precisely what is expected of them. It is also about putting the actions of each person in the context of the company to give them meaning.
- Listening: Listening does not mean granting and giving in again. It is above all a matter of making your collaborator understand that their voice counts by giving them a listening ear from time to time. So, it is often surprising to see the positive results of such an attitude.
- Set a precise framework. Indeed, each employee is entitled to know precisely what is expected of them.
- Create an identity, a common culture because the company always has a history; it conveys its own values and its own rituals, the appropriation of which by those who compose it will create an unfailing bond.
The social dimension: valuing
Valuing your employees to excess can turn against the manager in the long run, but it is important that the latter show them that they are important to them by:
- Communicating once again;
- Being available and attentive, too;
- Showing humanity;
- Showing itself fairly in its management style;
- Taking care of his collaborators;
- Granting trust credit;
- Fostering mentoring (note the base word: mentor);
- Involving loved ones in significant events;
- Supporting its employees; etc.
In the same vein, sometimes all it takes is a small “thank you” or a simple congratulatory email to generate more motivation on the part of your employees and it could not be unhealthy to take advantage of it.
Mastering the benefits: managing performance
With employees willing to give you the best of themselves, it would be highly beneficial for you to get involved in a process of managing their performance. In practice, this translates into:
- Developing clear performance targets;
- The establishment of a feedback protocol that must be accompanied by the performance objectives mentioned above. Indeed, feedback makes it possible to make a regular point between the manager and each of his collaborators as to the efforts made or the behaviors to be modified.
Team spirit is an essential value because as the saying goes, alone we go faster, of course, but together, we go further. Thus, the role of the manager is decisive insofar as he must reflect both “collective” and “individual”. Collective in order to apply a common motivation policy to all of its employees and individually because the motivators are not the same for everyone.
So many things that have inspired us… SEAMS, a productivity tool for successful management of your company’s performance and optimization of its growth. Because of the motivational elements mentioned above, you can:
- Set clear and even quantifiable and measurable performance objectives in their implementation;
- Give meaning to the work of your employees because each of their activities will be in line with the previous objectives and following a well-defined strategy;
- Chat through structured group messaging on the first hand and independent messages on the other.
Test for free on seams.excellent-sg.com